Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Bright Idea

At long last I have finished the bar nook in the dining area. If you remember....


I repurposed this highboy dresser into a bar for our dining area. I was a little torn on the top of it, but I think I have finally achieved "the look".

I found three mismatched pieces of turned wood at a barn sale for $1 each and I thought they would be fabulous candle pillars. Nothing a little white semi-gloss paint couldn't fix!

After 1 Coat of Paint (Semi-gloss Dover White)

Before

Before

Add that with the rope mirror I made a few weeks ago.....

I added the little wine corks behind for a quirky touch!

Then last weekend I happened upon this FABULOUS antiques barn Sage Farm Antiques where I found the cutest little vintage lead crystal lamp ($10)! Talk about finishing this area off right! Woot Woot!!


I love the way the little crystal knobs tie in with everything too. How great does it feel when you have an idea and then it suddenly becomes a reality (cue sappy music....)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...