Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Lassoing a Project

Copying is the most sincere form of flattery, right? I saw this on the Nate Berkus show and loved it. So as I have been scouring for something to put on the wall behind the bar, this idea reeled me in. (notice all the subtle hints to rope! HAHA) Here you can find the exact directions. Below is my finished product!


To finish the bar top off, I am on the hunt for the perfect lamp. I would love to find an inexpensive copy of one of these....

I love the clean look of the vase itself, the clear glass and the neutral shade. Plus the natural finish on the shade will tie in with the sisal rope.

Side note, I was able to purchase the sisal rope and twine at Lowe's. Surprisingly they have quite the selection of different jute and sisal ropes. You can select the thickness you like. Other ideas for using rope which I am tempted to try would be to cover a lamp base with it or do the same project around a really cool frame. Either way, with this whole project costing me under $12 it was well worth it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...