Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Fun with Martha


What a week! The Hubs took all of last week off for a staycation here at Casa de Farias. We contemplated going away and after much deliberation (ok maybe one glass of wine later), we decided that it would be really nice to stay home and enjoy each other's company in our beautiful home. We explored the apple orchard, took day trips to Portland, Maine and Portsmouth, New Hampshire, ate some seriously good food (lobsters straight from the docks in Portland) and worked on lots of projects that had been on standby this summer!

Bray was convinced these were "bugs".


During one of our day trips, I ran in to Michael's (we do not have one near our house.....BOOOO) and took a quick peek at the Martha Stewart stencil and craft paint line that everyone has been raving about. Well let me join in on the raving.......LOVE THEM! I had a 40% coupon to boot so for under $20, I left with lots of paint and the stencil set I wanted. So get ready for LOTS o'projects with these babies!

The first one is so simple, but really turned out so sweet! And fitting, as we spent our entire 10 day vacay at home. Using the larger lattice stencil, I used some yellow craft paint to stencil a strip across a piece of card stock. Once dry, I created a little quote in paint using a clip art outline of a home. I printed the "home sweet home" quote onto the stenciled card stock and put it in an over sized frame. I love the way it turned out.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...