Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Quick Fix

I am always game for a quick project, especially one that makes a space neater and can be completed in one nap time! The tv area in our master bedroom has been driving me crazy. I mounted our small tv on the wall and a waterfall of cables flowed down the wall from it. Not only was this unsightly, it didn't bode well with an adventurous toddler in the house. I needed a quick fix. Although I am still on the hunt for a cute book shelf or wall unit to go below the tv, this is a great hold over until the right piece catches my eye. The items I used were already sitting in our basement from previous projects, so the project was free (not really, but it sounds better to my ears).

I simply installed a floating shelf below the tv to house the cable box. The install was a snap because the shelf lined up directly with the wall studs. Bonus. Not to mention totally secure!

The cute sea grass stools below the tv were old ones that I purchased on sale from Pier One years ago. They had some nicks and discrepancies in the sea grass woven pattern. A few coats of high gloss black spray paint and the "blemishes" are gone! Plus these are hollow so all of the extra wire as well as our wireless modem are now housed on the interior of these snazzy little stools.

Lastly I needed something to hide the cables. I found a cover that adheres directly to the wall and snaps open to insert the cable. These types of covers are readily available at any home improvement store. Depending on the length you purchase, you can expect to pay anywhere from $8.00-$20.00. Plus these covers can be painted to match the wall color. Organization makes me feel so much better and knowing this is a cleaner and safer area in our bedroom makes this Mommy one happy gal!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a good idea, I cant stand wires showing everywhere. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...