I was hoping to have the dining room makeover completed by the end of this weekend, but alas it was not meant to be. I can't really complain though considering how well everything seems to have come together on this large undertaking. As I mentioned, I was given 8 antique dining room chairs. Ahhhhhhhhh and did I mention they ALL needed a little TLC in my workshop. So the weekend was spent gluing, nailing and sanding to ensure these chairs could not only look the part, but survive an active family using and abusing them daily. Every chair needed some lovin', a loose spindle here, a wobbly leg there. I must say though, that they are really starting to take on the look I want. There were only 2 chairs out of the lot I decided against painting. I wanted something to break up the white. Here are some inspiration shots for this look:
For my look, I am loving how the chairs all have different heights and each chair has a unique character.
As for the fabric for the seat pads.....I was craving an updated farmhouse look. I happened to find some fabulous sale fabric last weekend and grabbed a few samples. I figured I would use them either on this project or another. They look like they are going to be the perfect compliment!
the cast iron rabbit
5 hours ago