Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Serendipity

I am currently drooling over our new dining room table. I mean.....I JUST CANNOT STOP STARING! Just wait for the big reveal of the dining room makeover at the end of this week. The suspense is killing me.

Don't get me wrong, we had a beautiful set from Crate and Barrel. There was just something about it that didn't fit with the "farmhouse chic" look I wanted. Our former table had modern lines and was suited towards condo life. I was in need of something heavier with big, chunky turned legs. A farmhouse table but with a little modern twist. Ever have that idea of something and then become obsessed with searching out the perfect look to satisfy it? Flash forward to me this past Sunday. Through the wonderous power of Craigslist, I met a woman who was emptying out her barn of antiques. Long story short, she invited the Hubs and I over on Sunday to have our pick of the lot in exchange for our help moving some furniture around. Um, DONE. So now that Joyce is my new best friend and I have 8 mismatched antique dining chairs sticking out of the back of our truck, we hit up the Crate and Barrel Outlet. (Just to peek...ya right.) And as if the day could not get any better......there she was....the Kipling Dining Table.

And cue the drool......







It was EXACTLY the look I wanted. The kicker here kids.....the table was marked down to $79. Yes, that is a discount of roughly 92%! In retrospect I should have bought 5 of these tables! This brings me to the point of this particular post. Know when to shop! Most outlets do markdowns on Sunday and Monday. These are the days to get the deals. Likewise, Monday is the best day to do your online shopping. So remember this tip when you are trying to get optimal pricing on a piece!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...