I decided that black furniture was not helping with a "bright and light" feel in there. Plus add to that our new delish bedding from West Elm and well, I couldn't help myself. So I thought I had multiple "before" shots, but alas I don't. So here is a little taste of what we were working with before hand!
I scored these three pieces at a yard sale at the end of the summer for $50! Two dressers and a nightstand, solid wood, dove tailed drawers......me likey!
Again as a reminder, our bedding....dum dum dummmmmmm
The painting itself was fairly straight forward. For info on this technique of distressing check here. Since the dressers were already painted black (satin finish), I just had to paint 3 thin coats of an eggshell white that we had leftover from the entryway project. There seems to be so much light already bouncing around the room and I am happy every time I see them.
After I find drapes (oh and I am totally recycling our current drapes to the nursery which is in major need of light blocking drapery), I am going to finish this project with some lighting. Since the Hubs is a verifiable mini Bob Vila, we opted against the builder installing lighting for us. Instead the Hubs will hard wire something once I find what I want. At first I was thinking I wanted an overhead fan. I am sort of sucker for one while I am sleeping. I have decided against it and instead am seriously contemplating this beaut for over the bed.
Drooling as we speak......