Monday, February 21, 2011

Goodwill.......Oh GOOD TIMES

Can I just say how much I LOVE when you hit Goodwill and it's like the stars align and POW there are all the things you have been secretly wishing for! Here are just a few......

For some reason in my master bedroom redo, I was noticing that our PB linen lamp shades were blending into the background wall color on our nightstands. There just wasn't enough contrast.

Not doing it for me.

I had in my mind that I wanted some of that tealy blue there to compliment the new window drapes. Enter the Goodwill run!

Found these cuties....

Way too blue, so I doctored them up with a little teal spray paint. After switching out the harps (the bowed thingy that the lamp shade sits on....technically speaking of course), I was able to get the linen drum shade to sit how I wanted.

And now I think it looks soooooooooooooooo much better than before. I actually notice a subtle difference right when I walk in the room. As I say to the Hubs...."don't they just make you happy?"

My next two Goodwill transformations are going to be amazing. I am so excited just thinking about them (and the money saved!) As always, stay tuned......

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...