Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ceramic Garden Stool

This ceramic garden stool has been on my "wish list" for quite some time, but this gal could not get past the typical price point of $100 + on these bad boys. So like many other things, I simply kept an eye out and sent good thoughts out into the universe......and IT WORKED!

I was peaking at some items on Craigslist and saw an ad for a Jingdezen planter (for $20). Intrigued, I clicked and nearly fell off the couch at this:

Yes, I know that it doesn't look like much, but it had the drum shape and the height I was looking for. After some quick email negotiations (which was basically me stalking the seller until it was mine), she wound up in my work shop. And with my hand poised with a can of white satin finish spray paint, I got right to making it into what I wanted.

2 very thin coats worked really well. I find that it is really important when letting it dry that you are aware of the air temperature. If it's too cold, I find that you can get these annoying little bubbles. (Lil' side note love for you there.)

Anyhoo....back to this lovely....Here she is all painted purty!! I am in L.O.V.E with it. It could not fit more perfectly in this spot!


So a new chair and lil' side table. What a great decor day! Woot woot!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...