Well as I said in my previous post, the order of items on our to do list has changed. The kitchen has now become the focus.....which is A-O-K with me. The idea is to install subway tile, crown on the cabinetry and build a custom kitchen island. Ambitious? Yes. Do-able? TOTALLY. So that being said, the cubby built in that was to take place in the master bedroom has been shelved temporarily. In order to make that space work for us in the interim (and to alleviate my insane "that cubby is like an eye sore" mentality), I decided to create some shelving and make a little spot to do emails etc.
Super cute and since we have not installed our lighting yet, it is totally functional to brighten up this nook. Lastly I simply had to hang up the wine crates and add some decor. I used wall anchors when hanging both crates so that I wouldn't have to worry about them falling down or worse yet, ruining our wall. I started by pre-drilling two holes in the crate. I placed the crate on the wall and used a level to make sure I was perfectly aligned. Next, I used a pencil to "dot" where the pre-drilled holes were on the wall making it very easy to drill in the anchors. Lastly, I just had to place the holes over the anchors and put in the screws.
Here are the "before and after" money shots!
the cast iron rabbit
5 hours ago