Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Repurpose Old Frames

I did a tiny project the other day and I must say....it's super cute. I used things I already had in the house, but you can easily replicate it!


This is easy peasy! I started with a leftover piece of wood we had in our basement (plywood, remnant). You can purchase remnants at Home Depot or Lowe's for beans too! The burlap was leftover from my table runner project this fall.


I wrapped the board in the burlap and secured it with my power stapler (best purchase ever, up there with the glue gun!). I raided an old box of picture frames and found this wooden one. I removed it from the glass and backing and used a fine grit sandpaper to distress it a bit. Using my glue gun, I glued the frame to the burlap covered wood piece and added the boys baby spoon (they each ate their first solid food with it!)  The result is cute and affordable. You could easily do this with any object that has meaning to you. A piece of jewelry you don't wear anymore, a little China saucer, a skeleton key......you get the idea!

Stay tuned for an upcoming project with an old picture frame and chicken wire....trust me on this!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...