Thursday, March 17, 2011

DIY Mason Jar Soap Dispenser



Oh man....here I thought I was all smaht and stuff with coming up with this to match our new kitchen sink pendant light, but MANY an amazing DIY'er has conquered this territory. So here is my quick and dirty tutorial. I love it and am sending major kudos out into the atmosphere for all those who have one of their own!

Super easy and you can literally use any glass container you want with this. I was looking for something a little farmhouse-esque and a Bell mason jar fit the bill. Using a drill bit the size of the base of the soap pump, I cut a hole in the pop out lid of the jar. Next I simply slid the pump in and poured in some hand soap. I know this is so basic, but I had to share because it makes me happy!

To make your own hand soap, just mix 2-3 parts water with some scented dish soap! (I may or may not have learned that from watching Special Agent Oso on the Disney Channel)

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I could definitely see one sitting by my kitchen sink, but I'd like to ad some paint to the inside of the glass. Like maybe a reddish orange or a bright green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooohhh love that idea! I saw a blown glass lamp from PB in a soft blue. That would be really pretty! Now you have me thinking!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...