I initially just laid out a bunch of dowels and started experimenting with different lengths to see what I liked.
I knew right away that I wanted it to feel fuller, so I just started filling in and tried to keep things symmetrical. I worked in groups of four. I would lay out four dowels across from each other and just kept working in a fan. I used our skill saw to cut the dowels to various lengths once I had the idea of what I wanted. Next up was simply firing up the hot glue gun and gobbing on glue anywhere I could fit it.
|Figuring out how I wanted to arrange the dowels.|
|Glue get at me.|
Totally worth the 5 minutes it took me to arrange the dowels. For a total of $4, I think it makes a great statement in the laundry nook and really helps to tie it all together!