Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Built In Bookcases

I cannot tell you what a few busy days I have had. Both kiddos are sick so that in itself has been draining. Poor lil' buggers just want to snuggle. Yet somehow I have been able to check little things off of the list. Mostly just my planning, but that is always a step in the right direction. I have a nasty habit of collecting oodles of pictures of ideas, so I am making a concerted effort to minimize "catalogue".

This week's project is the cubby space in our master bedroom. I feel like a potential participant on DIY Network's Wasted Spaces. It really is an odd area of the room. Technically speaking it is the space just above the front door entry. In some homes this would be open and lofted to the second floor. For us, the bedroom cuts deeper here to create a cubby. So I am going to forge ahead and make it a highlight in the room. Here are some of the options I have gathered so far. I am making a choice tomorrow and getting cracking this weekend...barring any unforeseen rebounds with the plague.


I love how it looks like a built in rather than just a collection of shelves. I am looking for something that will have a more permanent feel to it.


A little different and offbeat which I love. Since the space is narrow and tall, not sure how this look would play out.


Now here they have made adjustable holes in the walls for the shelves. Not sure if I want the option to adjust or not. So many decisions.....


Contemplating how difficult it would be to create cabinets. See. Here we gooooo....complicating things with a million thoughts. Will. Decide. Tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...