Thursday, January 20, 2011

Va Va Voom

I have been looking for a way to glam up the family bathroom. I know what you are thinking....it sounds ridiculous. Hear me out though.....with two little boys plus the Hubs, the bathroom tends to lean more towards man-land at times. On any given day there is a plethora of boats, rubber duckies, opened tubes of tooth paste and emptied out shampoo bottles. So a gal can dream of a more glamorous space for the 10 seconds I get in the shower!

I have been particularly interested in raising the shower bar (literally, not metaphorically). With a longer curtain, the eye is drawn up giving the illusion of a taller, larger space. I began my online search and was surprised to learn that the elusive 96 inch + shower curtain was hard to find. That being said, I was undeterred and started scheming, I mean brainstorming, how to make one mine!

Around the same time, the Hubs made the discovery in our linen closet that we had 5 duvet covers. I personally see nothing wrong with this, but I can see his point. Considering he hasn't seen 2 of them in circulation in a few years, he "suggested" we might part with a few of them. The one in particular that he pulled out has very special meaning to me. It was my first "big girl" purchase from West Elm after I purchased my condo. It was my first place that was all mine and I splurged on a gorgeous duvet that made me feel sophisticated. As he stood there holding out the folded up cover in his hand, my brain started to click. I loved the design, it meant something special to me, therefore it would be the new shower curtain.

So I simply separated the duvet along the seam and sewed up the rough edge. Next stop...GLAMVILLE. The shower bar was raised to accommodate the new length and all I had to purchase to make this happen was an extra long liner ($10 at Target).





3 comments:

  1. Colleen I love this so much. It's beautiful!!!

    I know what you mean about making the curtain up high, it looks so much better, and I can't get over how fabulous that fabric is, like a beautiful picture on your wall, only it's the curtain, he he.

    I would LOVE if you shared this over at my blog party!! Bella Before and After , and if you want to win an Avocado Painting, come enter myGIVEAWAY HERE, I really appreciate the support.

    Hugs,
    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! Thanks so much! I am becoming slightly obsessed with your avocado art. Truly beautiful. I LOVE the colors you chose! I am a sucker for bright pops of color like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! Yes , window blinds and window curtains is one of the vitals in our home not just help us to prevent from direct sun rays but giving us as good ambiance and view and needed some good treatment like curtain singapore , you can also visit our website https://www.cottoncare.com.sg offering services in affordable prices. Keep it up!! God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...