Thursday, January 20, 2011

In the Interim.....

Although we are not done with our front hall redo (really when will we ever be "done" with anything here when we are constantly being inspired by new designs), we are taking a small break to tackle some of the kitchen projects (backsplash, moulding and a custom kitchen island). In the future, the Hubs would like to build a bookcase to mirror the height of the chair rail. This will really give this area the feel of a hallway without interrupting the flow of our open concept living plan. This bookshelf will abut the back of the sectional couch.


In the meantime, I had a basic sofa table that I painted in a soft buttery yellow ("Summer Squash" satin finish spray paint). To add a little light, I purchased basic lamps from Walmart and added a little grosgrain ribbon to the trim of the drum shades to help them pop a bit. Lastly, in the ever constant battle to hide electrical cords, I copied an idea I saw at my sister-in-law's house. With some leftover burlap, I made some custom cord covers. Practical, cute and CHEAP. I simply cut the length I needed, folded the length in half and stitched up the long side. After turning it inside out on itself, I slid the cord through and used a little sisal twine to secure the end by the lamp base. Basic, I know, but I like it. Sigh....it's all starting to come together....




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...